after filling up with a hearty lunch at the silly goose, and learning that nashville was on central time (woo hoo extra hour!), we made our way downtown to hatch show print. the parking fairies may have been with us in nashville because it seemed at every moment we needed a spot, there it was right by us!
hatch show print is "one of the oldest working letterpress print shops in America dating back to 1879.” ever since i saw the letterpress machine in action, i’ve been fascinated with the craft, so this stop was a must!
this video will explain (and show!) more of what they are all about, and what they do.
broadway is the main drag in downtown nashville, and this is where you will find the honky-tonks, souvenir shops and people dressed in cowboy apparel. we checked out shops that sold cowboy hats, and cowboy boots, but knew these were more mainstream. we wanted to see the best of the best! our super hospitable b&b hosts (who i will write about on another post) told us about the lucchese shop in the gulch, and although this is a brand, the boots they make are levels above the ones we saw on broadway (very smooth leather, layered leather designs, more detailed stitching …), and ofcourse the prices were levels above too (one of the pairs is sold for over $3,000!).
but no, no boots for us this time.
22 Notes/ Hide
- shouldgotobedinstead likes this
- qparrish likes this
- artofjody likes this
- emeryann likes this
- archivingamericana likes this
- christaaayvolley likes this
- abrar-89 likes this
- ezratb likes this
- cristianoista reblogged this from midwestraisedmidwestliving and added:
- cristianoista likes this
- christynicole likes this
- mnwithlove reblogged this from midwestraisedmidwestliving
- megansnedeker likes this
- wendesgray likes this
- polinavishnya likes this
- verdantwoods likes this
- cameronmeanscrookednose reblogged this from midwestraisedmidwestliving
- midwestraisedmidwestliving reblogged this from cheeksandchubs and added:
- sarandonsusan likes this
- neuski likes this
- artistic-dreams likes this
- cheeksandchubs posted this